What We Stand For
1. Inclusivity: We want to amplify voices and bring everyone to the table.
- You can’t have a student government that’s insular and ignores most of campus
- Everyone can gain something from working with student government
- We hear you, and we want to bring you to the table
2. Accountability: Georgetown can, and should, be better — and that hinges on student government
- There are too many barriers to achievement at Georgetown
- There’s a lack of adequate support, depriving us of a sturdy foundation to start from
- Every person & organization can benefit from GUSA; let’s make it work for everyone
3. Opportunity: We will help your ideas come to fruition.
- Georgetown students are brilliant and full of amazing ideas
- Georgetown should be an incubator for innovation and entrepreneurship
- GUSA has many tools at its disposal, and we want to use them to work for you
This is Our Vision
There’s a fairly standard image of achievement at Georgetown: a dozen clubs, perfect grades, and a Hillternship. But the truth is that everyone has their own definition of what it means to achieve, whether its a creative start-up, a photography passion-project, an individual research project, or starting a new club.
Unfortunately, Georgetown often poses far more barriers to achieving in unconventional ways — and we want to change that.
We believe student government can remove barriers to success for every person and every organization — helping you achieve according to your own definition. We want to make GUSA work for all of us.
Why You Should Vote For Us
We're in this together.
- The two of us go back five years to our days in high school speech and debate
- We’re natural partners and best friends — the closer, the better
We aren’t your typical GUSA candidates.
- GUSA today is run by and for a small group of students at Georgetown
- We’re deeply experienced in Georgetown leadership — delivering outside ideas & outside voices
But this isn’t about the two of us; it’s about all of us
- Everyone at Georgetown has their own story — and we want to hear your stories
- Together, with all voices at the table, we can restore legitimacy and trust in student government
Let’s write the next chapter of our time at Georgetown together — because every voice matters.